Questions to ponder:
1. What “mountains” am I facing today that seem impossible to conquer?
2. Do I believe 2 Peter 1:3 – that God has really provided me everything I need to live a holy life in all circumstances?
3. Are there “fortresses” in my thinking / mindset that need to be destroyed? How about in the life of my family or circle of friends? Are there areas that I have not submitted to God’s authority that are “raised up against the knowledge of God”?
4. What will it take for me to begin to practice the spiritual discipline of praying with others?
5. What areas are hardest for me to practice patience with others?
a. How quickly do I respond to Facebook posts that upset me?
b. Do I let the Holy Spirit control me when I am in rush hour traffic and late for work?
c. How do I react when my children disappoint me again?
6. What are some Bible verses that are special to me that I could begin to pray through as I “preach the Gospel to myself”?
a. For example, “Because of the Gospel… ” – then pray that the Holy Spirit will use your favorite verse to guide you to fill in the blanks.
7. Am I willing to ask someone to keep my accountable or disciple me in areas where I need to grow?
a. What will it take for me to contact that person and ask for their help?